Opal House

Opal House

About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Maren Talcott. I am 22 years old, and I just graduated Washington State University with a degree in Elementary Education and minor in Spanish. My passion is teaching... I love children! I was born in Minnesota, but spent all of my life growing up in Washington. My dream is to become a kindergarten teacher, and inspire children to love learning! I have done little to no traveling in my lifetime outside of the United States. My goal for this blog is to keep my family, friends, and loved ones up to date on my experiences. I will be living in Guatemala for three months, Jan.-March 2014. I will be volunteering at the Opal House School near Lake Atitlan. The reason for traveling to Guatemala is to have the experience of a lifetime, and improve my Spanish! This journey will push me out of my comfort zone, and open my eyes to a whole new world. I know that I will show my love and compassion to the guatemalan people every single day, and hope that I can impact their lives as much as I know they will impact my own. You can email me at marentalcott@yahoo.com

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

1-2-3-4-5!

Making Progress in English Class


I told my students, before I leave I have a goal: Every student will know their colors in English AND can count 1-10 in English! Most of the students do not even know all of their colors in Spanish yet!! I am SO incredibly proud of them, and myself, because I have two weeks left here...and almost every single student knows all the colors and numbers in English. They are so eager to learn English, and they all love and look forward to my class. I feed off of their energy and the class is truly inspiring. Now, whenever we ask them, "what color is this?" they answer in English first! Its actually quite funny, but now we are realizing that they need to practice their colors in Spanish more!! Here is a video of some of my students reviewing English...look how awesome they are!! 



(Copy and paste into URL)

No comments:

Post a Comment