Opal House

Opal House

About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Maren Talcott. I am 22 years old, and I just graduated Washington State University with a degree in Elementary Education and minor in Spanish. My passion is teaching... I love children! I was born in Minnesota, but spent all of my life growing up in Washington. My dream is to become a kindergarten teacher, and inspire children to love learning! I have done little to no traveling in my lifetime outside of the United States. My goal for this blog is to keep my family, friends, and loved ones up to date on my experiences. I will be living in Guatemala for three months, Jan.-March 2014. I will be volunteering at the Opal House School near Lake Atitlan. The reason for traveling to Guatemala is to have the experience of a lifetime, and improve my Spanish! This journey will push me out of my comfort zone, and open my eyes to a whole new world. I know that I will show my love and compassion to the guatemalan people every single day, and hope that I can impact their lives as much as I know they will impact my own. You can email me at marentalcott@yahoo.com

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Three Months in Thirty Minutes

Last Video :-) 
Take 30 min. to open your eyes to the world outside of our walls. To a culture and experience that changed my life forever. 

Over my journey and time in Guatemala, I put together this video to share my story with people. I will never forget my time, memories, the people, or the children. This video will always be a reminder of my amazing experience. Filled with pictures, music, interviews, and personal stories. I hope you enjoy, and feel free to share with others! My only hope is that this inspires you to live your life a little differently, or this video will inspire you to do something similar. There is nothing like finding happiness in the process of serving others. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GiMt-FPOsw

Copy and Paste into URL







1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experiences. What a great video! Good luck in your future, I am sure you will be a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete